pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: New opportunity to object to Spurs' plans for Whitewebbs

Use this section to discuss planning and development topics that do not have their own section

New opportunity to object to Spurs' plans for Whitewebbs

Colin Younger

07 Aug 2024 16:07 #7219

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I see that the council are inviting further comments by 13 August on the Spurs planning application (24/00987/FUL).

I'm puzzled by the comment that the reason is "revised information has been received and is currently under consideration".

What is this "revised information" ? It appears to be that "the application would involve a departure from the Local Plan", because it is on Metropolitan Open Land/Green Belt.

Gosh! So this has only just come to light...what a blow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PGC Webmaster

07 Aug 2024 18:22 #7220

I don't have time to delve into the details, but anyone keen to take this new opportunity to object to the Spurs/Whitewebbs project should visit this page on the Whitewebbs campaigners' website.

The image below is taken from that website. If the hedging and fencing that Spurs are planning is anything like the equivalent around the existing men's training ground, then it really will give a "fortress-like" impression.

Click here for a larger version.

This is just one of a large number of documents and images accessible from that page setting out the damage that the Spurs project would do.

Darren Edgar

19 Aug 2024 15:55 #7225

FoWW now even opposing tree planting...... a true sign of desperation having comprehensively lost the Court challenge.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds