pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Well done and thank you Basil

Well done and thank you Basil

Sue Beard

17 Dec 2015 10:44 #1905

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I would just like, given that it is nearly Christmas and all,, to say a special thanks to Basil for all he has done this year in running this website and managing the forum.

PGC is always a good read, and plays an important part in the community. Basil's own articles are always thought provoking too.

This year hasnt always been easy I am sure, but I really appreciate all you do Basil -

cheers feller!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well done and thank you Basil

PGC Webmaster

17 Dec 2015 13:42 #1906

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Thanks for those kind words, Sue. But let's not forget the work that Sue herself has been doing this year trudging along "every street in Palmers Green" on the lookout for built heritage that merits local listing. On her own website, Palmers Green Jewel in the North, she's been writing articles about about the history of the interesting places that she's found. I recommend subscribing to Sue's website so that you don't miss any episodes.

She's now reached episode 10 - "Two Elderly Folk from Mile End" , about the statues in Skinners Court. By a strange coincidence, when I lived at Mile End Gate in the early 1970s I was more or less exactly as far away from the original Skinners Almshouses as I am now from the site of the replacement almshouses in Palmers Green.

The website does require a fair amount of work. I mainly do it in the hope that by publicising the many concerts, plays and other events in the area more people will go along to them. As an amateur actor myself, and having a mother who puts on concerts, I know how much time and effort is spent in preparation and how rewarding it is to get a large audience. I'm sure that there are many events that are slipping through the net, so if readers know of any, please email me at .

Finally, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forums. Not all online forums are conducted in such a civilised way as these are!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds