pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Enfield Southgate among the "ten key London seats"

Enfield Southgate among the "ten key London seats"

PGC Webmaster

11 Apr 2015 19:18 #1144

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

ITV News is including Enfield Southgate among the "ten key London seats" that it will be featuring between now and the election.

The most recent report is at www.itv.com/news/london/update/2015-04-10/10-key-london-seats-enfield-southgate/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andrew Nix

01 May 2015 16:45 #1185

Yes.
David Burrowes should be feeling slightly nervous. Especially when you start to examine his record on certain issues like gay marriage , betting shops and his recently retracted claim to have saved Gary McKinnon's life .

Andrew Nix

Basil Clarke

01 May 2015 22:18 #1187

One of the many leaflets from DB's campaign (I've lost count of how many) included the following:

David’s campaign stops Pinkham Way waste site in its tracks

“David led the campaign to ensure that our local voices were heard when there was a plan to build a huge waste management site in Pinkham Way. He organised public meetings and was continuously challenging the Council and North London Waste Authority.

“Nobody took any notice of our area’s concerns until David got involved. And he kept going until the plan was finally ditched.

“Had the plan gone ahead it wouldl have seriously blighted our area and put back all the regeneration which David has fought so hard to bring about on the North Circular Road.”

When I put this to the real leaders of the campaign, I got the following response:

"DB has been supportive of us, as have all three local MPs. He's had a reasonable handle on what has been going on and has used salient info from us in submissions etc, but to say that he's instrumental in stopping plans, let alone 'in their tracks', is simply untrue.

"In addition, he asserted that, if the NLWA plans for Edmonton go through, any threat to PW would disappear. Complete rubbish - where he got it from I don't know. He certainly didn't check his facts with anyone at PWA".

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds