pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Consultation on updated Licensing Policy Statement

Consultation on updated Licensing Policy Statement

PGC Webmaster

11 Jul 2024 00:14 #7190

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I've only just become aware of this consultation, which I've no doubt some readers will be very keen to respond to. The deadline is this Friday. See www.enfield.gov.uk/consultations/licensing-policy-statement . And note the mention of Cumulative Impact Zones in Bowes and Palmers Green.

Start date:
    16 May 2024
Closing date:
    12 July 2024

Details

Every five years the Council is required to review, consult on and re-publish its Licensing Policy Statement. We have prepared a draft Licensing Policy Statement for consultation. Following consideration of the feedback we receive, we intend to to publish the final version of the document in January 2025.

We encourage you to read the draft Licensing Policy Statement (2025-2030), and welcome your feedback. We are especially interested in hearing your views on the key changes outlined below:

Addressing risks and harms to women and vulnerable people in the night-time economy
    Responding to the proposed Martyn’s Law
    Expectations on delivery services (for example, off sales of alcohol)
    The proposed introduction of two new Cumulative Impact Zones in Bowes and Palmers Green

Who can participate

Those who live, work or study in the borough, as well as local businesses owners and representatives from the statutory and voluntary sectors.
How you can participate

Any comments on this draft Policy should be emailed to .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colin Younger

11 Jul 2024 09:43 #7191

Has anyone understood the impact of PG being listed as a new Cumulative Impact Zone?

Colin Younger

11 Jul 2024 10:24 #7192

This is one of the most unhelpful "consultations" I've seen.  Isn't there a duty to make consultations more understandable? The draft is complex for legal reasons, but few but lawyers will be able to understand the overall impact. The proposal to include PG and Bowes in the category of areas covered by Cumulative Impact is covered by this:-

ANNEX 2-7 CUMULATIVE IMPACT POLICY
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT FOR
CONSULTATION PURPOSES AND WILL BE INCLUDED IN THESE ANNEXES
POST CONSULTATION

So that's all clear then.

Karl Brown

11 Jul 2024 14:23 #7193

... and checking the council web site reveals nil regarding the "ANNEX 2-7 CUMULATIVE IMPACT POLICY
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT FOR
CONSULTATION PURPOSES" . 
So that's no separate document and no information. To be fair, this all started on16 May under a previous government when nothing worked.   

Colin Younger

14 Jul 2024 22:45 #7194

The Cumulative Impact Assessment has now been added, but I don't think it was there before the deadline. See www.enfield.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/60338/Cumulative-Impact-Zone-Review-document.pdf

However the deadline for comment appears to be 11 AUGUST

PGC Webmaster

Yesterday 00:13 #7195

Colin Younger wrote (message 7194) :

The Cumulative Impact Assessment has now been added, but I don't think it was there before the deadline. See www.enfield.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/60338/Cumulative-Impact-Zone-Review-document.pdf

However the deadline for comment appears to be 11 AUGUST

The cumulative impact assessment definitely wasn't there when I started this thread (and even now is clearly an unfinished draft, missing the maps for Palmers Green and Bowes).

And the deadline was definitely 12th July - I just copied that from the council website. They must have realised that they hadn't publicised this sufficiently early - I only saw it two days in a tweet posted two days before the deadline.

The figures in the cumulative impact assessment don't seem to take account of the variation in the size of the zones. The Edmonton zone goes all the way from the border with Tottenham to Ponders End - it's far larger than the other zones.

What we need is a layman's explanation of what the proposed changes amount to and what impact the council hopes they will have. Perhaps we could ask the councillors for PG and Bowes wards for an explanation?

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.835 seconds